February 9, 2009

My first post for 2009 & another article published!


I believe it's good juju to start my 2009 blogging with some awesome news on my part. I'm once again thrilled and over-the-moon that another article of mine has been published in the Jan/Feb '09 issue of Travelife! Yay! Toot-toot! :) (It was also this same time last year when my first ever article was published in the same magazine. )

It's a 6-page story I wrote about the road trip I took from San Francisco up to Vancouver, BC in the middle of last year along with some of the photos I took along the way. I plan to blog about that later (when I finally get cracking on the backlog of posts, a backlog that seems to have taken on a life of its own and is growing by the day!), but the article pretty much tells it all.

This issue is packed with lots of other exciting and entertaining travel tales about St. Petersburg, Kenya, and cooking lessons in Calabria, Italy among many others. So grab a copy when you can and let the writers take you away with them!

It's really such a thrill to see my name on print and to be able to share the things that make me happy. So I'm grateful once again to Terrie and Liza for giving me the chance to do so. :)

13 comments:

docemdy said...

Congratulations on yet another published article in your portfolio!

Isabones said...

OMG it's actually YOUUUUUU! You're baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!! Finally!!! I hope to be getting regular updates from you na. But then again, I've been remiss as well. My other blogs are getting virtual amag....

And hey, congratulations on your article! Would you believe I put the magazine away after I bought it and haven't read it yet? Bad, bad, BAD :(

Unknown said...

Welcome back Gypsy Soul! I have missed you and your words terribly. Congratulations on the articles. I really need to get you to autograph my copies - hahahahahahah!

Anonymous said...

Geez, welcome back to blogging Christine! It's been a while;)

Congrats on the article, and I'm looking forward to reading more about your travels in your backlog this year.

Anonymous said...

hi christine!! congrats on the new article. and great to have you back :D

ChichaJo said...

YAAAAY!!! So great to have you back :) I missed "seeing" you here (even if I do see you in the "outside world"!) :)

I am buying my copy post haste!

Katrina said...

YAY, you're back! Joey's right, even though I see you IRL, I still miss reading your posts. I just bought the mag and I'm looking forward to reading your article. I saw the pictures, and as usual, they're beautiful!

I hope you (and I!) manage to slog through our backlog soon. I'd love to see your post on our Bacolod trip! :-D

christine said...

Haha thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!! :) I've missed posting and reading your comments so I'm back!

Didi said...

Christine!!!!!!

CONGRATS!! :)

Welcome back!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well it's about frggin time!! Don't ever disappear like that again no, ya hear? On a serious note, so wonderful to have you back and huge congratulations on the article! Would that be published online later? I'd like to read it.

christine said...

Thank you, Didi :)

Thanks, Ben! haha! :) I don't think they publish the full article online, but once it's off the stands, I'll copy-paste what I wrote on here. I think that should be alright with them no?

princess_dyanie said...

welcome baccccccck Christine!

woot woot! congratz! :)

christine said...

Thank you so much, Dyanie! :)